- Digital: about 270 --- Photos with Anomalies: 13
- SLR: flash unit failed at start of investigation. 18 timed exposures taken in the basement using cable release. Kodak Max 400 speed film. --- Photos with Anomalies: 0
Miscellaneous photos of the investigation --- Click on thumbnails for larger images
Low Lux "Night-Shot" Video Camera
Placement: Entrance to library
Record time: 1 hour, 20min
Anomalies found: None
Remote Infrared Monitoring Camera
Placement: Mary's room, dining room
Record time: N/A
Anomalies: Flashing and floating orbs were witnessed by various team members while viewing the base camp monitor for this camera.
Digital voice recordings were taken in various places throughout the mansion. No EVP's were captured on this investigation.
Overall, it was a quiet night in the mansion. Here's a quick summary of unusual activity:
- We experienced intermittent equipment failures and camera problems such as auto-focusing issues and the flash not firing. We did not experience these problems on prior visits to the mansion.
- Nick felt a cold blast of air on his leg in the basement.
- We found a locker door open on the third floor when it had been closed just minutes prior.
- Very erratic, inconsistent EMF readings were found in the basement. Orbs were captured on digital during these readings.
- Creaking and other noises were heard on the second floor at locations absent of people.
- Floating and flashing orbs were seen on the dining room IR camera monitor. We will have to do a dust disturbance test to determine whether or not this phenomena can be duplicated artificially.
- Some very bright and/or moving orbs were captured on digital camera.
While these phenomena are typical at a haunted location, none of us feel that the above occurrences experienced on this particular evening can be definitively classified as truly "paranormal". Strong evidence such as EVP's that were captured during previous mansion investigations performed by the NEGP and Isis, were not recorded during our investigation.
Dozens and dozens of people have experienced very odd things in the mansion over many, many years. Quoting one of the Masons who had an experience this year: "I never gave the whole 'ghost thing' much thought until one night my wife and I were outside the mansion and we saw a light in a room without electricity on the third floor....noone was in the mansion at the time!" This is the same room that Josh previously captured a figure in the window on camera. This room may have been John Widder's room.
Since the BPG has complete access to the mansion and we all feel that it warrants further investigation, we will definitely be doing another official investigation in the future...possibly an overnight investigation using new and different techniques, experiments and equipment.
Back to CASE FILES page